Legacy software: DINAMIC
The methods and definitions used in both male and female infertility work-up are greatly variable among centres, resulting in poor standardization and unacceptable confusion.
Based on the analysis of over 8000 couples, which were systematically investigated using a strict protocol and flow-charts, World Health Organization (HRP) has developed a system for the simplified management of the infertile couple. The resulting definitions, forms and flow-charts were incorporated into the computer program DINAMIC.
DINAMIC is a computer program for the Diagnosis and Management of the Infertile Couple. The program has three major functions :
- It acts as a data base for clinical and statistical use;
- It is an expert system which performs continuous internal control of data input, and helps to select standard diagnoses;
- It produces structured reports which can be used as a paper file and/or as a letter to the referring doctor.
DINAMIC was developed using Thoroughbred Basic in co-operation with, and for AKB Medical and was approved by World Health Organization (1990).
- F.H. Comhaire, F. Schoonjans, T. Farley, P. Rowe: Dinamic: an expert system for the diagnosis and management of the infertile couple. Joint meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology and the European Sterility Congress Organization. August 29th - September 1st 1990, Milan, Italy. Programme and Abstracts Book, abstract #156.
- F.H. Comhaire, F.A. Schoonjans, E. Rombaut, P.J. Rowe, T.T. Farley: The history of male infertility and computer assisted management of the infertile male. In: Advances in clincical andrology. Ed. C.L.R. Barrat, I.D. Cooke. MTP Press Limited, Lancaster, 1988, Chapter 2, pp. 5-13.
Return to Legacy Software & Freeware.